Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finally, An Update

Okay, so it's been a while.  But, we were moving into our new home this past week PLUS we don't have internet yet, so I'm off the hook.  Can I just say, our house is incredible!! First of all, having a place for the dogs to run around where we don't have to worry that the lights on the apartment below us are going to fall off their ceiling if our dog jumps one more time, is the best thing ever.  They can run and play all they want and no one cares.  Plus they finally have a backyard to play in!  Ah, so great. 

Koda didn't do so well at first moving, she get SUPER nervous and was sick the first night.  But after a little Pepto Bismol and she was feeling better.  Both of our dogs have spend the entire week sniffing down every corner of the house, but they both are finally starting to feel comfortable.

Our first night in the home, our swamp cooler went out.  Oh, the luck of being home owners, right?  But my wonderful husband was so good at buying the parts and going on the roof and spent hours fixing the darn thing!  We would be the happiest people in the world to someday get central air.  But we will see if we have the money for that, ever.  The rest of the house has been pretty good to us.  It's just the unpacking part that we are trying to figure out.  The house looks great right now, but one of our bedrooms is designated as the "don't know where to put this stuff yet" room and I hate that.

My ex-missionary/boyfriend got married this week.  That's super odd.  It's weird to me how fast people can change.  Getting married is such a huge decision.  For me, it was a long and painful process to know the decision I was making was the right one.  I struggled for so long learning how to move on from the ex-missionary, something that was so comfortable and known, to something unplanned and almost scary even though I knew Cody was a better fit for me, my personality, my life, and my heart.  I knew regardless though, it was going to be hard to not have that long term person in my life anymore.  And I still have weak moments now and again.  Is it just me that holds on to things subconsciously for so long?  Not love maybe, but presence at least.  Heck, it took me 5 years before I stopped periodically having dreams about my first love when I was 16.  It always seems like dreams are the place that either take you right to the place you are longing to be, or right to the place you are trying to get away from.  For me, it's usually the second.  But that's because I'm a worrier and that's evident in my dreaming.  Good thing I have an amazing husband that is so attentive to all my needs and worries, even when he doesn't realize it.  I know you can be happy with lots of different people in life, but I think I'm one of the extra super lucky ones who found their only soul mate.  Sappy, maybe.  But you'd understand if you could see into my heart.

Now, for pictures.  I will update with pictures of our put together house soon, but for now enjoy totally random pictures of the last few weeks of our lives.  Oh, and I found this new picture app that I'm kind of obsessed with so don't mind the over excitement of picture decorating...

My dogs are either passed out asleep or crazy hyper psychos.  There is no in between.

They don't like to hold still for pictures.

My cute dad is running for Mayor of Murray.  For the 4th parade, we walked for him.  Then found this camel afterwards.  Awesome.

All our dogs do is chase bugs.  Seriously though, they are freaks about it.

My ring is still so perfect and I love it so much!

I guess Dunkin Donuts is new here or something? So we went for part of our date night.  And I'm still a bigger Krispy Kreme fan.

I know I post pictures of my dogs too much, but they are my children.  We have beautiful children.

Okay really, Cody uses his data way too much. 

One of the best parts of summer.  However, I would rather be at bed at 6am instead of about to finish my work shift.

This is shocking really, Koda never lets anyone cuddle or touch her, especially when she's sleeping.  She just really loves Apollo.


More beautiful skies.

I love these summer trees, however I call them allergy trees because the blossoms on them are trying to kill me.


2 comments:

  1. what app is that? I WANT IT! Is it available for android?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called A Beautiful Mess. And it's extremely addicting! I hope you have it for android!

    ReplyDelete