Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wedding/Honeymoon Time

Well, it's been a whirlwind but Cody and I are home from the honeymoon.  The wedding was so much fun although quite stressful.  It turned out really beautiful though and much better than I expected.  I can't even begin to describe the temple sealing.  The day went by so quickly though it felt like it was over in a blink. 
Then we went on our honeymoon which was absolutely incredible!  We went on a cruise that left out of Puerto Rico.  We traveled to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten.  Then we stayed in Puerto Rico for a few more days before flying home.  We were able to swim with dolphins, go snorkeling in the amazing ocean, ziplining in the jungle, to a beach where airplanes fly so low you can almost touch them, and shopping in each of the islands we visited.  On the cruise ship we spend time going to the shows and comedy clubs, and Cody spent lots of time eating the ice cream.  I got so sunburned one of our stops that my burn peeled twice!  We took lots of pictures, it was so fun that it was really hard to come back, especially to a lovely snow storm!
Since we've been home things haven't been quite as glamorous.  I had work for the first four out of five days we were home and Cody got a really bad illness.  Then, of course, once Cody starts feeling a little better, his sickness spreads to me.  I guess it really is "what's his is yours" after marriage.  I've had this illness for a few days now and it has been terrible! We had so many plans to clean up the apartment and work on getting my name officially changed, but I guess that will have to work on that once we both get feeling better! But for now, enjoy some pictures of our honeymoon.  I'll post wedding pictures once our photographer is done with them!

  
Some pictures with the dolphins we swam with in St. Thomas.

Two dolphins would swim up behind you and each push the bottom of your feet and pushed you out of the water.  It was so fun!



Our boat ride to see the dolphins.


Before dinner on one of our formal nights on the ship.

Our ship, the Carnival Valor.  (And yes, we had a GREAT time with Carnival.)

Ziplining in the jungles of St. Lucia.

Cody and his ice cream he was so obsessed with.

Holding some super cute monkey in St. Kitts.

View from the taxi ride to the beach in St. Kitts.


Airplanes landing right behind the beach in St. Maarten.  The picture doesn't even come close to showing how unbelievable this was!



   
View from our hotel in Puerto Rico.







2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm sorry you guys got sick though, that's no fun :( At least you got sick when you got back instead of being sick on the cruise right? haha
    We need to get together soon and have a girls night with Kimmy. I told her I would join you guys one time.
    Anyways, post more pictures!! So I can live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, being sick is always terrible but at least it was at home. And yes we do! She asks me all the time, she's already come over to watch a movie since we've been home. But we will have to plan a nail party or something, she will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete