Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Good Mood Food

So, I've been trying to be a good wife by cooking some kind of variety of food for my husband.  It doesn't help my cause much that he came from a mother who cooked amazing food all of the time.  No pressure, right? I enjoy cooking, I just wouldn't say I was a master or anything.  So I've picked a few cook books I love and found a few Pinterest recipes and tried some good food.  Most turn out really pretty well.  There have been only a couple that I have absolutely hated.  Cody is so sweet though that he either really likes or pretends to like everything I try. 

I've tried lately to take pictures of most of the recipes I do try.  But that idea didn't start until a few weeks ago, so there are some really great meals I didn't get pictures of.  But, I will make them again and take pictures soon!  I also made a little dinner week board that I made little papers with meals on them so that way I can hang up during the week what I'm planning to make so Cody can see, and if I end up liking the meal, I keep the paper in a cute basket so I have more dinner ideas for later weeks.  Also, in an ideal world, I would like to make my own cook book of only recipes I like to make and I'd love to put the pictures I take in with the recipes. 


I was really worried this one wouldn't work out because I really love this soup.  But it actually turned out fantastic!  I know, soup during summer doesn't quite fit, but I love it too much.  This recipe is a definte keeper!

So I make this one totally homemade, crust and all.  But on this particular pizza I put WAY too much BBQ sauce.  It still tasted good, just a BBQ overload.  Next time, I'm definitely halfing the sauce.


This one is a crock pot recipe (always a bonus!).  The picture doesn't look extremely appealing but it was actually really good.  It has pizza sauce and pepperoni in it with lots of other good spices.  I will repeat this one for sure.

This one is one of my favorite recipes ever, and one my family requests me to make a lot.  It's easy, it's quick, and it tastes the best!

Once again, not an extremely appetizing picture.  And the whole "shredded" idea didn't quite happen.  Usually crock pots are the best at shredded meat so it may have been the roast I bought.  But it turned out tasting pretty good regardless.  My husband requested it again.

So Cody and I always order the steak burrito or salad when we go to Cafe Rio, so I wanted to make a similar burrito.  The steak was easy to do.  And shopping in the hispanic foods section of Walmart is where I got most of my ingredients.  I also added some lime to the rice and it made it even better.

One of my only recipes I totally hated.  This is supposed to be Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings.  Not only does the chicken in my picture look deathly, but the dumplings were mushy and terrible.  I will NEVER make this again.  Chicken and dumplings, yes.  Just not this ridiculous recipe.  Highly disappointed Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. Ok all the soups look awesome and so does the pizza rigatoni, would LOVE recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do your edits your photos like that? They're so cute, and by the way, all your food looks amazing! I want to eat at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an app called A Beautiful Mess! I love it. And I will get you recipes Lacy!

    ReplyDelete