Friday, May 24, 2013

A Utah Man I Am!

Alright.  It's official.  Like for real this time though.  We are STAYING in UTAH!! We gave the dean of ASU way too long and it never ended up working out, so we realized Utah is the best place for us for so many reasons.  I'm thrilled!  As much as I would have loved to spend some time outside of Utah, this means I get to keep my family, I get to keep my job, my husky won't die because of heat stroke, and one of the most exciting.. we get to buy a house!!  Cody has been talking to a realtor friend and we are just starting the process!

I am starting to enjoy my job more and more.  It was really scary to get used to the idea of me being the nurse in charge instead of having the nurse to report to when things got out of the norm.  But I've learned a lot, and I'll just say, through many experiences of having the patient that isn't doing too hot, I feel confident that I can handle just about anything on the maternal/newborn unit.  Put me on med/surg, you have a whole new set of insecurities, but for now I feel safe on my mom/baby floor.  I'm excited that I get to keep working here for a while because the learning opportunites as a nurse never stop.  However, I hate night shifts.  I can't get over how much I hate night shifts.  The hate for night shifts I have grows each time I work one.  They will be the death of me.

Cody started a new job last week at a place called Onset Financial.  Basically, he calls all these super rich CEO's of really big companies and tries to get them to finance big purchases for their company through his company.  I know, sounds like a lot of "spam" work to me too.  BUT.  I'm telling you, he gets so much at his job.  He get food catered for lunch three times a week (Kneaders, Chipotle, Dominos, Barbacoa, Firehouse Subs), plus he came home with new clothes already... from work! Ya, I think they definitely make up for the tough parts of the job.  He seems to enjoy it there, for the most part.  He will only be working until August when he starts law school.  Once law school hits, he will only be a full time student!

House hunting, house hunting, I'm so excited to go house hunting!  Now if only I could convince the Property Brothers to come to Utah and do a house for me, my life would be complete.  But until then, enjoy some of my recent adventures with my iPhone.

My good ol' high school friend Bryson got married! And his wedding reception was just beautiful! Congrats Bryson and Kim!

Ya.  My mom's puppy is super cute.  And they ended up naming her Tootsie!

Any husky owner needs to also own this vacuum.  My apartment would be lost is husky hair forever without this thing.

Cody and I go golfing.  A lot.  And I have pink golf clubs so that makes it okay.
I love my husband.  He cooks me hot dogs a lot and I really love hot dogs.  Plus he looks super cute grilling.

Did I mention I love my husband?  He goes grocery shopping with me.  And we have a lot of fun when we go...

Okay, these aren't from the iPhone.  We got our wedding pictures finally!! And I love them.  I forced myself to only post two pictures here otherwise the list of pictures would NEVER end.  I put many more on facebook, so look there.
Yep.  Temple wedding picture that every little girl dreams of having.  This one is mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment