Friday, April 26, 2013

Blessings

Being married is so totally wonderful.

It's really unbelievable how blessed Cody and I have been in the past weeks since we got married.  I think both of us have been in a little bit of awe as we have watched everything just fall into place for us.  It's almost like our whole dating life together was such a rough road that now that things are going smoothly, it's shocking. 

We are still waiting on schools to decided where Cody will be starting law school.  That's really freaky to me considering he will be starting in just four short months.  Staying in Utah that's not a big deal, but if we decide Arizona then that's quite the change we have to make in four months time.  But we will make it work, whatever is the best thing.  We are still waiting to talk to the Dean of ASU to discuss his scholarship options.

This last week or so has been a lot of fun at home.  My work schedule worked out so that I had a lot of time to spend with Cody.  We got a lot done in the apartment as far as cleaning and organizing.  We just have one more trip of returning duplicate wedding gifts and we will actually have space in our apartment.  And can use our second bedroom for the dogs instead of having a massive dog cage in the middle of the living room!

We also got a Dyson Animal vacuum! You wouldn't believe how much this was needed.  Having a white husky that loves to lay on the couch, it's a much needed product.  Highly recommended.

After Cody got rear ended by the cop, we decided the best thing for us was to trade his car in and get something different.  His car got terrible gas mileage and things on it just kept breaking down.  Luckily Cody's good friend works in car sales and was able to get us a really great deal.  We ended up trading in the car and leasing a 2013 Volkswagon Jetta. (I'm telling you, leasing is the way to go- even if you want to buy the car.  Lease it first, you will save money on it!  Interested, and I will explain more to you. Leasing is not what it used to be.)  It's a really great car and we are excited to have a car that gets such good gas mileage plus not have to pay for any maintenence whatsoever on it!

We went golfing on Wednesday finally.  Cody has been begging me every since the weather hit 50 degrees.  For me, I enjoy golfing, but I want fantastic weather for it.  But I finally gave in when we were in the 60 degree weather, and we had a lot of fun.  I don't think I'm too bad at it, I got my first Par on one of the holes so I'm slowly improving.  It was probably only my sixth time ever golfing or so!  And Cody is getting really good!  He is taking a golf class right now at the U and not only is it making his golf game improve, but his obession with golf is out of control now.  He talks about golf at least ten billion times a day.  Good thing it's something I enjoy also.

We also decided this last week that we were going to make some good food for dinner.  We actually planned out our meals and shopped for it (okay, I shopped for it) at the beginning of the week so we knew what we needed to do.  I cooked pull apart chicken, BBQ pulled pork, fajitas, and just some boring old tacos so far this week.  Cody also cooked sweet and sour chicken and he did great! We have a few more good ones planned for the week still to come.  It's been a lot of fun and I've actually really enjoyed cooking.  I hope this whole planning the whole week in advanced thing becomes some sort of tradition because it's been great.

Well, that's really all for our little update for now.  Life is busy, but it's very enjoyable.  Each day being married gets better and better.  We are still learning how to work differently with each other.. as much as you think you know everything about that person when you get engaged and even after dating for two years, being married is different.  It's wonderful different, but a whole new learning experience different.  And I love every minute of it!


I found a snake on the green on one of the holes during golfing and Cody wanted to hold it.. So gross.

Our new beautiful Jetta.


No comments:

Post a Comment